10.5.11

I am so terrible!

I have been doing super good at emailing and kinda of good at journaling and awful at blogging. but I promise to do better from here in out. Don't put too much stake in that however. Well I will just give a rundown for some people still unaware. I have been in Israel now for 2 weeks but it feels like forever and is really starting to feel like home. I am studying at the Jerusalem Center through BYU; the center sits a top Mt. Scopus next to the Hebrew University in East Jerusalem. The neighborhood were the center sits is pretty much entirely Palestinian. It sounds far off because we sit on a mountain but it's really just a 5 minute walk across the Kidron valley to get to the Old City. I feel like we have done a ton since getting here so I will write some posts on the highlights but needless to say they keep us going non-stop. We are taking classes in language, politics, archaeology and bible studies. We have field trips and other activities as well. There are 80 students and two young families as well as 4 service couples that live in the center. This is all the background info I can think of for now but if you want to know anything else just comment and I will answer it in a future post. I apologize for how ugly the blog is. I am technologically challenged and I have already devoted two hours to it and have given up. Well here is to the Holy Land for the next 4 months.

The Jerusalem Center is in the left corner with the black arched windows. Not the best pic but it gives an idea of were it is in relation to the Dome of the Rock and Old City.

No comments: