26.6.11

The Rest of Turkey

I am just gonna post about the rest of Turkey through pictures because I am soooooooooooooooo behind. I am also realizing that I say so way too much. Probably my most used word. Ok, here goes nothing. (Like always I had to make the files really small so they would upload so don't mind the poor quality it drives me nuts but that's life)
Our beautiful sunset in Cannukle. Such a cute town we got ice cream and walked out on a pier and enjoyed this sunset with the cruise ships going by and it was really great. The people were way nice too even though they didn't speak much English. I bought a cup from an old man who of course didn't have a clue what I was saying but he was just so cute.

My feet have touched the Agean!

This is Scott about to throw BJ (our teachers son) into the sea . Too bad he didn't.... Just kidding Beej.

Us in the horse at Troy! THis is the horse that is actually at the site. Troy was pretty lame there weren't much by the way of ruins there and it was poorly excavated. But in Cannukle where we stayed the town had bought the horse used in the Brad Pitt movie Troy so I got some pictures by it and it is pretty awesome. 

Emily and I participating in the gladiator fights at the theater at Troy. She put up a good  fight but I prevailed. 

There was a hoop next the the movie Troy horse so we payed with some local kids. It was way fun and the girls were fawning over some of the boys :)

Pillars at what i think was Pergamum. It is where the seat of Satan in and one of the book of Revelations 7 churches of Asia Minor. Way cool ruins and a seriously scary steep theater!

The walkway to the theater at Pergamum.

This is me standing above the theater there. It was not the best day. I found out I am terribly allergic to Turkey... Like Whoa I was sick for a week after hay fever. But totally worth it.
My camera died the next morning so I will gather a few more pics to finish this of now I am moving on so I can get to blogging about all the other great stuff we have been doing!

1 comment:

Ashley Holladay said...

Super awesome! Sorry you got sick!