11.5.13

Paul's Attributes

Love, un-blameable in holiness, righteous, sanctified, honest, clean, love, studious, hard working, watchful, sober, comforting, supporting, rejoicing, prayerful, thankful, spiritual, confident, powerful and focused.

These are attributes of Paul gleaned from 1 and 2 Thessalonians. These are things that Paul was counseling and displaying through his missionary work. I can be a better missionary by starting to emulate Paul and walking in his footsteps.

Three of these attributes that I want to work on are studious, supporting and thankful. I feel that I can be more studious in my scripture study. I get into these ruts where I think that my scripture study is just reading and that is ok, and while scripture reading is good I know from the past that I grow much more when I truly study the scriptures and get excited about a topic. I will make a goal to keep reading my scriptures everyday but make a point to study scriptures three times and week and see how it goes and hopefully study the scriptures everyday eventually. Supporting is an odd attribute... I'm not even really sure that it qualifies as an attribute but I will tell you why I included it as an attribute. You know those people that are always so nice and genuine and make every effort to let people know that they are important and loved?... Well I am not one of them. I have a tendency to be to judgmental and too honest. I have friends that have this quality and I think of how much I would love to be more like them so I am going to try. I am going to finds ways to love people even if they are people that I don't particularly like I can focus on something about them to be appreciative of. And finally thankfulness, are we ever thankful enough? I know that I don't express to the people in my life enough how thankful I am for them. I need to work on that and I need to be more thankful to the Lord who has given me everything. I know I say it in my prayers but I think that thankfulness can be a part of you as a person and how you live your life and I want to be a more thankful person overall. I plan to do this by thinking of things in a thankful manner. Ex: "Those flowers are nice" or rather "I am thankful to God for making those flowers to brighten my day". Both are good but one is better than the other in that it recognizes God's hand in our life.

No comments: